Friday, October 4, 2013

Sketch Crawl


We met the Seattle Urban Sketchers at the Seattle Center Armory to sketch around the center. The best advice they gave was to never stop sketching and that I can only get better the more I work at it. Their sketches were what I hope mine will someday be. I realize that everyone has their own style but I want to enhance my sketching skills and my familiarity with the markers and other sketching utensils. Through sketching I also wish to increase my ability to draw to scale, because right now I do feel that I have the tendency to draw a little larger than what I am actually looking at. I do feel that my drawings end up looking quite well but I want to not run out of room when trying to draw a space.  I know that I have evolved since the beginning of last year and know that I can only get better. Only an hour a day can create life-long sketching skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment