Friday, March 7, 2014

Impaired Vision Experience


When a sense is taken away from someone, there are definite challenges they must face on a day to day basis. Vision is taken for granted by many people and many don't understand the difficulties that vision impaired people face. Without drastic contrast, seeing different levels is very difficult. Walking down the stairs are extremely nerve racking because injuries can occur from poor design. When walking into an elevator, the amount of glare and bright light caused me to become very disoriented. Trying to find any small buttons was basically impossible due to the lack of contrast. My attempt in using the ATM was unsuccessful because I could only find the card slot because of the light blinking, but I feel that after that I would not be able to use the machine. It was verifying that there was an audio option for those who are visually impaired but many aspects of the cub and bookie were not designed to assist those who have problems with their vision. The library consisted of a great amount of natural light which helped immensely in finding my way around. Overall, unless I was familiar with the area, it would be extremely hard to find my way around without proper design.

No comments:

Post a Comment