Saturday, December 7, 2013

Graphic Reflection



 
Starting this poster required me to find many of the previous finished projects that best showed my progress throughout the semester. I tried to include the works that best showed off my abilities and skills. By sketching out quick thumbnails I was able to put together the posters with ease. I wanted to include an aspect within the posters that connected all of them together and would also give an aesthetic appeal. This ended up being the weekly sketches running along the left border. The color behind these drawings was taken from the most common color used within these sketches. When scanning the various layers throughout this project, many appeared dark and slightly tinted gray. I learned a new skill in Photoshop that allowed me to created cleaner looking drawings. I aligned most of the text on one side of the posters as well as keeping them within the same size text box to create a sense of repetition. I structured these posters based upon the assignment required. By making the final layer the largest the audience can focus on how the final details came to be as well as getting the idea of what my process was, through the smaller photos. The border along the bottom area accent strips pulled from the main colors used within that poster. I believed that these were able to enhance the posters not only through the use of color but also through continuation and repetition. I am very pleased on how my assignment turned out and I believe that these three posters prove that my skills have increased and advanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment